How to Delete a Hotmail Account
Hotmail is a free email provider owned by Microsoft. It is now operated under the Windows Live moniker, so Hotmail accounts are now Windows Live Hotmail accounts. You can use your Windows Live account login to access your Hotmail account and other Windows Live properties, like Windows Messenger and Xbox Live.
Deleting My Account: Step By Step
If you choose to delete your Hotmail account, you can do so by using the following steps:
Log in to your Hotmail account at
. This login requires a Windows Live ID, which you should already have if your Hotmail account is current.
- Move your mouse to the upper right-hand corner of the page and click on your user name. A menu of options will drop down.
- Choose the View Your Account option from the drop down menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link to Close Your Account.
- Read through the information on what it means to delete your Hotmail account.
- Enter your password when prompted.
- Click Yes – that you want to delete your Hotmail account.
We found an extremely brief description of how to close a Hotmail account and a Windows Live account at
, but there is no information listed about how to restore accounts if deleted accidently.
Is There a Cancellation Fee?
There is no cancellation fee when you delete your Hotmail account. However, if there are paid services linked to your Hotmail account you will continue to be charged for those services. For instance, if you created a Paypal account with your Hotmail address and signed up for a paid online service, you will still be charged for that service after you delete your Hotmail account.
Can I Get Help From Hotmail?
The Microsoft Answers service at
is the best option for getting help to delete your Hotmail account. You can search Delete Hotmail or simple Hotmail to find out more.
GD Star Rating
a WordPress rating system